Software engineer needed for designing and building applications for Search and Discovery Services. The developer will be a part of a dynamic and growing team responsible for designing and evaluating tools for search and discovery applications.
Mandatory Skills: (Active) TS/SCI w Poly needed***
1. Experience building modern web applications using Java and the Spring Framework.
2. Knowledge of RESTful web services and back-end Java libraries like Apache Commons or Jersey. 3. Experience designing, building, troubleshooting software design and implementation of large scale software systems that interface with multiple enterprise services.
1. Experience with high performance search frameworks and their capabilities such as Solr, Lucene or Elastic Search.
2.Experience with Node.js and NPM.
4. Experience with DevOps practices, tools, and technologies to include, Git, Gradle, Jenkins, automated testing, and automated deployment/environment management tools such as Chef or Puppet.
5. Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, or other closely related technology. 6. Experience with SQL and database technologies such as MySQL, Oracle, or PostgreSQL. 7. Experience with Agile/Scrum to include iterative and incremental development, daily standups, planning, retrospectives, and backlog grooming.