This Applications Developer will work with customers and within a small team to design and develop C# ASP.NET MVC web application solutions. App Developer will be working with the existing customer and development team to create functional enhancements to the existing HR applications. Familiarity with Agile and DevOps methodologies will be essential for this position. The applicant should have experience in various web development technologies such as HTML, jQuery, AJAX, CSS, JSON, and XML. Proven experience developing applications using one or more of the development platforms is required with a preference towards the ServiceNow platform. Migration of some applications to other platforms and future development is expected.
The Applications Developer is expected to actively participate in requirements capture and deployment strategy meetings with the customer, and will be responsible for application architecture, development, deployment, administration, systems operation, and testing. Additionally, the candidate must be equally comfortable working independently or with a team, be self-motivated, exhibit strong problem-solving skills, and have an aptitude for learning new technologies.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND DEMONSTRATED EXPERIENCE
The Applications Developer shall ensure, for the duration of the contract, that contractor personnel assigned to work under this contract maintain institutional knowledge and competency level necessary for all required skills, to include demonstrated on-the-job experience.
The Applications Developer shall possess and provide the following required skills and demonstrated experience:
• Demonstrated experience in all phases of the Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Software Lifecycle model, tracking issues and managing trouble tickets, testing software, writing test cases, and performance testing.
• Demonstrated experience utilizing Update Sets in conjunction with the lifecycle management and promotion of features and bug fixes throughout the environment stack.
• Demonstrated experience using ServicePortal for UI Development of web interfaces.
• Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining applications to meet required Accessibility standards (Section 508 and more robust WCAG and organizational standards).
• Demonstrated experience with HR-related and customer-specific datasets including limitations of those datasets and system/data flow dynamics.
• Demonstrated experience with Unit Testing, System/Integration Testing, and User Acceptance testing concepts and activities in the customer environment.
• Demonstrated experience using customer-approved DevSecOps tools and concepts to support the Security-focused design of highly usable and dynamic applications.
• Demonstrated experience with .NET MVC web application design and development.
• Demonstrated experience with Linux and Windows Cloud Server management.
• Demonstrated experience managing Cloud infrastructure through cloud-native scripting languages and must-use enterprise tools and frameworks.
• Demonstrated experience with the ICD-503 process for accrediting applications and systems within the sponsor network, including submission of evidence, and leading remediation efforts to address any risks or identified issues.
DESIRED SKILLS AND DEMONSTRATED EXPERIENCE
Other skills and demonstrated knowledge that are highly desired but not required to perform the work, include:
• Demonstrated experience with HR systems and tools
• Demonstrated experience with large datasets
• Demonstrated experience with survey administration and response analysis
• Demonstrated experience with Tableau, Power BI, or other data analytics tools
• Demonstrated experience with Project Management principles and Agile Development principles to assist with the planning, development, testing, and execution of a project and project activities
• Demonstrated experience with the RMF Framework along with Agile principles to ensure the effective mitigation of risk while operating in a dynamic Agile environment