is seeking a Project Integrator who will provide IT Accessibility support. This will involve providing ongoing training and engagement resources on a day-to-day basis for Sponsor employees with accommodation needs. This position will involve training employees on proprietary software, as well as developing requirements for accessibility-related features for COTS solutions, using assistive technologies.
The PI will effectively engage with system users, as well as have expertise on accessibility. This person should have past experience working with assistive technologies, such as the JAWS screen reader or ZoomText. This person should be able to test and provide feedback on software solutions, and should gather and disseminate best practices and lessons learned on accessibility.
Key responsibilities are listed below Provide hands-on training for employees with disabilities on key tools and workflows necessary for Sponsor mission functions Document requirements related to assistive technology based on sponsor employees needs Create test plans and conduct testing using assistive technologies Document meetings and actions from meetings, and monitor progress on those actions Raise programmatic issues with suggested solutions Attend meetings with senior stakeholders, and other representatives on behalf of Sponsor, as needed Track action items, ensuring they are completed Coordinate with Mission Representatives and Subject Matter Experts on project activities
****A active TS/SCI clearance with Poly is required****
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with commercial assistive technologies (such as JAWS screen reader, ZoomText)
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience creating documentation and briefings for senior stakeholders
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience exhibiting communication and planning skills to include tracking projects, plans and action items
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience providing ad hoc support requests to include interacting with help desk personnel and development teams on behalf of the Sponsor employees
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience providing hands on training and support for assistive technology users
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience translating user needs, preferably for those using assistive technology, into requirements for technologists, developing others requirements for technical implementation, and tracking the status of requirements
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience supporting Sponsor-specific and enterprise-wide software packages, particularly any workarounds needed when interacting with assistive technologies
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with collaboration tools and portal technologies (i.e. MS SharePoint, wikis, blogs)
6. Demonstrated on-the-job experience supporting software development in an Agile environment
7. Demonstrated on-the-job experience creating comprehensive test plans, executing them while using assistive technologies, fully documenting the results, and providing recommendations on whether or not the release candidate is ready for production use
8. Demonstrated on-the-job experience coordinating meetings with all levels of personnel and capturing meeting notes
9. Available for periodic travel