The System Engineer shall be responsible for providing Systems Architecture and Engineering support to the Sponsor’s customers.
The Customer is focused on designing, implementing, operating, and maintaining a custom Analytical platform, including Enterprise Security and the Analytical Splunk environment.
The SE will provide Tier 3 Splunk support for analytic products that support decision makers. Our data is from internal, external, and commercially procured sources, and is presented and monitored in custom Splunk dashboards.
*** Active TS/SCI w Poly needed ***
1. Demonstrated experience automating the deployment of large-scale Splunk systems using tools such as Ansible and/or Puppet (list years’ experience only)
2. Demonstrated experience in parsing data including log field extraction of hosts, source type, line breaks, time stamps and RegEx transforms (list years’ experience only)
3. Experience with infrastructure management and support, and system administration in the Windows and UNIX/LINUX environments (list years’ experience only)
4. Experience with Splunk dashboard creation (list years’ experience only)
5. Experience and proficiency in deploying and configuring Splunk technical add-ons (list years’ experience only)
6. Experience working with structured data formats such as JSON, XML, Log4j and Syslog (list years’ experience only)
7. Experience writing Splunk queries in Splunk Programming Language (SPL) (list years’ experience only)
8. Experience in LINUX CLI (list years’ experience only)
1. Splunk Certified Power User Certification, Splunk Certified Administrator Certification, Splunk Architect Certification or equivalent training (list certification year only)
2. Experience with custom log file parsing (list years’ experience only)
3. Experience creating visualizations for displaying data (list years’ experience only)
4. Experience with Database design and Management (list years’ experience only)
6. Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (list certification year only)
7. RedHat Certified Systems Engineer (RHEL 7) (list certification year only)
8. Master’s degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science (or any STEM field) (list degree type and year, i.e.: BS Computer Science 2012)